Personal Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy applies to our website which is intended for consumers, customers and suppliers’ viewing in Portugal. It is available at www.centralcervejas.pt
(hereinafter the "Site"), where SCC – Sociedade Central de Cervejas e Bebidas, S.A., with registered office in Estrada da Alfarrobeira, 51, 2625-244 Vialonga, with a share capital of EUR 5.000.000 (five million Euros), registered at the Commercial Registry of Vila Franca de Xira under registration and identification number 511147236 (hereinafter SCC), collects certain personal data.
SCC is part of the Heineken Group ("Heineken N.V.") and is responsible for the processing of personal data collected and processed through this Site. However, when the processing of any of this data is carried out for the purpose of global strategic reporting, SCC and Heineken International B.V. are considered separate entities, and each is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data.
Please read this Personal Data Protection Policy carefully as it contains important information to help you understand our practices about any personal information you share with us or that we collect in any way in the context of the Site.
We respect your privacy and are committed to keeping your personal data safe and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under the applicable data protection laws.
By accessing, browsing on or using the Site, you confirm that you have read and agreed to this Personal Data Protection Policy. Do not use this Site if you do not agree with the Conditions or this Personal Data Protection Policy.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Personal Data requested on the Site marked with an asterisk is mandatory. We will not be able to process your request if you do not provide us with this mandatory data.
Clarified below is the type of Personal Data we collect, the purpose of its use and the respective retention period.
1) Newsletter subscription - You can subscribe to our newsletter through our Site, thus giving us your consent to send commercial communication. To this end, we will use the email address you provided to us for sending commercial communication.
If you no longer wish to receive any commercial communication, you may withdraw your consent by cancelling the subscription at any time, using the "unsubscribe" function available in each email message sent with the commercial communication or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will remove your contact details when you have cancelled your consent to receive further commercial communication or if you have opposed the respective processing, unless such data is also used or maintained for one of the other purposes described in this Data Protection Policy.
2) Supplier Registration – If you represent a company that is a potential supplier of goods or provider of services to SCC, you can fill out the form available on our Site to initiate an analysis and supplier selection process.
To register your Company as a potential supplier and in addition to the required business information, you must provide us with your name, position, telephone number and email address, so that we can contact you.
We process this data based on our legitimate interests in following up on your request and for keeping a record of suppliers who comply with the requirements imposed by SCC for business contact where necessary.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as the Company that you represent remains a potential supplier to SCC and you continue to be its representative. When the Company ceases to be a potential supplier or we are informed that you no longer represent the Company, we will delete all contacts.
3) Scheduling visits to our Facilities - You can schedule visits to the facilities of SCC plants in Vialonga and Luso, through our Site.
To follow up on your request, we need you to provide us with your name, identification of the entity you represent (in the case of an institutional visit) and your email and telephone contacts.
This data will allow us to contact you and collect additional information (including names and identification numbers of all visitors in case of an institutional visit) required for scheduling the visit, assignment of access authorizations and security control.
We use this personal data based on our legitimate interests in following up on your request and ensuring the security of our premises.
The personal data collected in the visit form will be immediately deleted if the visit is not carried out. In case the visit takes place, visitors’ personal data will be kept for 12 months for security reasons, after which it will be deleted.
Visits to Água Castello Museum Center in Pisões may also be scheduled through the Moura City Council, under the terms and conditions defined by the latter. SCC is not responsible for any content made available by the Moura City Council on its respective website, whose link is provided on our Site.
4) Student Support Services – If you are a student and wish to obtain any additional information about SCC that is not directly available on our Site, you can fill out the form available on our Site to contact us or call our Customer Helpline on 800 239 239 and we will answer your questions.
To follow up on your request, we need you to provide us with your name, phone number and email address. Additionally, and to validate the nature of your request, we need you to provide us with identification of the educational establishment, degree and year you are currently attending, as well as the name of the teacher responsible for the course in question.
We will process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interest to follow up on your request, verify and ensure the authenticity of requests and promote organization and efficiency of our customer service, as well as for statistical purposes.
To be able to respond to any subsequent developments, we will retain your personal data for 1 year from the date of response to your request, after which it will be deleted.
5) Technical and Customer Support - If you need any Technical or Customer Support and do not obtain a response through our Site, you can contact our Customer Helpline on 800 239 239. All data provided through our Helpline will be processed in accordance with the terms explained by our operators.
6) Information about your visit and use of our Site – When you visit our Site, we collect certain information, such as the pages you visit, your clicks and views, your device types, operating system and internet browser. We also track how you use our newsletter, which pages you view and which parts you read, so that we can customize the newsletter according to your preferences. Information about your use of our Site and services allows us to build segments, i.e. groups of site visitors or customers with various common characteristics, such as age group or region, meaning that you will probably be added to one of our segments.
We use this personal data as necessary and in our legitimate interests with the aim of promoting our products and services among our customers and visitors to our Site, as well as to attract new customers, increase sales of our products and services and finance our Site (through internet advertisements).
7) Site maintenance and optimization. Your personal data will also be used in the maintenance and analysis of our Site to solve performance issues and improve content availability.
8) Participation in study activities: We may request your participation in market research activities, including surveys, pilot projects, panels, target groups and others. Depending on the market study activity, we will collect different sets of personal data. Prior to the activity in question, you will be informed of the personal data we will collect and its intended purpose.
We will carry out market research activities with your consent or in defense of our legitimate interests, depending on the type and nature of the activity.
Personal Data processed in this context shall be retained for as long as necessary to complete the market study activity in question or after this period if duly anonymized, or, if the processing of data has been based on your consent, until its respective withdrawal.
9) Elaboration of strategic reports. Personal Data collected by SCC is accessed and used by HEINEKEN International B.V. and SCC to create aggregate strategic reports, which allow to identify opportunities globally and improve our products and services.
HEINEKEN International B.V. uses this information because it is in our legitimate common interest to identify opportunities globally and improve our products and services. Your information will be kept for a maximum period of 1 year.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As members of a global company, we share Personal Data and cookie data obtained through your interactions (on the Internet) with branch companies and subsidiaries of HEINEKEN group for operational and aggregate analysis purposes. We will only share the personal data allowed by the law, which means that we will ask for your prior consent if the law so requires.
Third parties with whom we may share your personal data to help us provide you with what you look for on our Site as well as to manage our Site, are:
- Heineken group companies, for the storage of personal data processed through the Site, due to shared IT systems
- Service providers, if we have to resort to the provision of a service and data analysis;
- Express mail, transportation and services companies, if required to provide you with the products or services that you requested;
- HEINEKEN International B.V., for the creation of strategic reports, HEINEKEN International B.V. acting in the capacity of independent data processing officer;
- Authorities, in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order;
- The parties to the dispute and their professional advisors, if we deem them necessary for the declaration, exercise or defense of any rights in legal proceedings;
- An acquirer or interested party in acquiring part of our business;
- If HEINEKEN sells all or part of the assets or shares of a HEINEKEN group company with the subsequent transfer of personal data to a third party, your personal data may be made available to that third party;
- Additionally, we may use, disclose, or transmit your information to a HEINEKEN group company in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transmission or other form of disposal of all or part of our activity, assets or our stocks (in particular in case of bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
These parties may be established in the European Union or other countries of the European Economic Area, or in another part of the world. Should we have to transfer personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure an adequate level of protection of the transferred data. We require service providers to take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We have taken appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally or unlawfully lost or used, accessed, altered, or disclosed without authorization. In addition, access to your personal data is limited to employees who, for professional reasons, need them, subject to the duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure full security of information transmissions over the Internet, so please note that information security depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you apply to protect account and password information. Therefore, we advise you to protect this information adequately.
Our Site may include links to third-party websites, extensions and applications. Clicking on these links or activating them may allow those third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not have to control these third-party sites, extensions or applications, nor are we responsible for their privacy statements. We advise you to read the privacy statement of each site you visit and each third-party service or application you use.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data which you provide us will be kept for as long as legally required or for as long as necessary to provide you with any services requested or for the pursuit of any of the purposes identified in this Policy, as described above. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or anonymize the personal data we hold if it is no longer necessary for the purposes set out above or after the defined retention period.
Some of the information referred to in this Data Protection Policy is collected by cookies. Cookies are small text files that contain small amounts of information that are transferred and that can be stored on your device, e.g. on your computer (or on other internet devices, such as a smartphone or tablet).
- SOCIAL NETWORKS
You may choose to share information from our Site through social networks such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. This means that the information you share, with your name and preferences, will be visible to visitors to personal pages. We advise you to carefully read the data protection policies of the social networks in question because they are applicable to the processing of your Personal Data by these third parties.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Some of the content available on our Site is not intended to be viewed by individuals under the age of 18. We do not collect personal data from individuals under 18, except in the context of the Student Support Services described in paragraph 2. 4) above.
If we are provided with personal data by any of these individuals, which is not included in the above-mentioned context, it will be immediately deleted as soon as we become aware of this.
- YOUR CHOICES AND YOUR RIGHTS
If your personal data is subject to the European Personal Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or to the extent applicable by local law, you have the right to request access, rectification, and deletion of your personal data, as well as to oppose processing, request limitation of processing, and even request its portability, in accordance with legal requirements. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in Portugal, the National Data Protection Commission.
You will always have the right to oppose the use of your Personal Data for sending commercial communication, and when you do so we will settle your request. You may also, at any time, withdraw your consent to the processing of your transmitted personal data, when the processing of data is done for such purposes, however, the withdrawal of consent does not render unlawful the processing carried out under the consent previously granted.
Please note that if you exercise any of the previously mentioned rights, it is possible that you may no longer be able to use the services provided by the Site, in whole or in part.
We will keep this Data Protection Policy under review, updating it from time to time. Any changes to this Data Protection Policy will be posted on this page and, as far as possible, communicated to you.
Personal Data holders may exercise their rights free of charge and at any time. If you have any questions, objection on how we process your personal data, or a complaint about this Data Protection Policy, please write to us:
By email: email@example.com
By registered mail: SCC - Sociedade Central de Cervejas e Bebidas, S.A., nº 51, Serviço de Cliente, Estrada da Alfarrobeira, 2624-244 Vialonga.
Please remember that, to confirm veracity of your identity we may ask for proof of identity when you send us a request.
Heineken International B.V. is responsible for data processed for strategic analysis purposes. If you have any questions, object to the use of your Personal Data or wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data or make a complaint regarding the use of your Personal Data or the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
The latest version of this Personal Data Protection Policy is dated December 15, 2021